Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Blog 10-22-13 + 10-24-13 Last Research Paper

My last research paper was junior year. I was taking AP English with Ms. Prevosti. As a task, we had to find or create a research topic. Then with the research found write a 3 page research paper.  I chose to write about the New York City education system. I chose this topic because i wanted to know more about the education system.

When i was doing research, i had to completely a handout to make sure that i found all the information i needed to complete the assignment.The U.S. is one of the many developed countries in the world, yet our education system needs improvements.We are ranked i believe eleventh in the world. China i believe has taken first, while Finland and Australia surpass the U.S.

Ms. Prevosti did teach us about the research process. In class, before we were given the assignment, we read many articles on a research paper that someone wrote. This was to help us understand how to begin researching. I started off by finding books about our education system. I didn't enjoy the process because when i read the articles some of them didn't help me with my topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment